Friday, February 26, 2010

Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

Warning: These cookies are highly addictive and cause restrictive diets to self-destruct.

Disclaimer: I cook and bake with real ingredients. I use real butter and real sugar, always. That being said, after reading many cookie recipe reviews wherein people suggested using Crisco or margarine, I tried it. I admit it. I did use some butter-flavored Crisco in this recipe. Not a lot. I still used real butter too. Honestly, these are some of the best cookies I've ever tasted. Use all butter if it bothers you. We've wolfed down several cookies already and lived to tell about it.



Now, on to the cookie recipe.

Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 C unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 C unsalted butter (real butter), softened
1/4 C butter flavored Crisco (see it isn't that much)
1/2 C brown sugar
1/3 C white sugar
1/2 C peanut butter (I used Smuckers creamy organic brand)
1 egg
4 ounces dark chocolate chips (I used 1/3 bag Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips)

*I used unsalted butter and didn't add extra salt to this recipe because the peanut butter has plenty of salty flavor in it.

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.

1) In a small bowl whisk flour and baking soda together. Set aside.

2) In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter and Crisco together. Using an electric mixer, beat in sugars, peanut butter, and egg. Stir in flour mixture until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.

3) Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. These cookies really spread out while baking, so don't use more than one rounded tablespoon of dough per cookie.

4) Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack, plate, or your mouth.

My measurements for the ingredients are only half of what a regular cookie recipe would call for. This recipe made about twenty large cookies. I do this for portion control. There were plenty of cookies for my family even after sharing with our neighbors.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback/comments