Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fennel and Feta

It has become a tradition at my house to enjoy spaghetti every Sunday night. My husband actually licks his bowl clean after eating seconds. Sophie wolfs down her bowl of spaghetti like a vacuum cleaner and out eats me every time. Spaghetti is, by far, my families favorite meal. I have three simple suggestions to raise regular old spaghetti to a tasty new level.

1) In a saucepan, warm 1 1/2 teaspoons of fennel seed in 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add your spaghetti sauce and stir. Fennel bursts with flavor and heightens the aroma and taste of your sauce.

2) Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese on individual bowls of spaghetti just before serving. The feta melts, adding a rich and creamy flavor.

3) Consider using Target's Archer Farms Chili Pepper Spaghetti. It adds just a touch of heat to your traditional meal.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still trying to figure out how to add ths comment section to the main page of my blog posts.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback/comments