Friday, February 5, 2010

Thanks to the Clothes Horse Neighbor

I have truly amazing neighbors. I doubt they come any better. My neighbors have one granddaughter who just happens to be exactly one year older than my oldest daughter, Sophie. Their granddaughter, Kailey, is quite a clothes horse. I guess in actuality her mother and grandmother are the ones who buy all the clothes.

When Sophie was one year old, Kailey's mom began giving me all of the clothes Kailey had outgrown. Huge plastic storage tubs arrived on my doorstep filled and overflowing. How could one little girl possess so many items? We received coats, shoes, socks, shirts, dresses, Halloween costumes, pants, shorts, jeans, swimsuits, hats, barrettes, etc. Many items were brand new. Most things were only worn once or twice. No piece had the chance to show wear.

The tubs of clothes have continued to march into our lives and Sophie's closet. Now that she is two years old, Sophie enjoys looking through her "new clothes" as much as I do. She squeals with delight and dances around while holding up each item. Of course she wants to try every single thing on as well. My twin girls, Piper and Riley, are now old enough to start wearing many of those first hand me downs.

Thanks to the kindness and generosity of my neighbor's daughter, all three of my kids stay well dressed. "I have never seen the righteous forsaken nor their seed begging bread". - Psalm 37:25.

What simple act of kindness can I use to make someone else's life easier?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback/comments