Friday, February 5, 2010

"I Want Seconds" Italian Sausage Soup

This soup is so delicious those enjoying it will beg for seconds.

1 pound ground Bulk sweet Italian sausage
1 yellow onion, chopped
10 oz. bag of shredded carrot
3 (14oz) cans of beef or chicken broth. (I used the lower sodium kind)
2 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic. (I used the no salt added kind)
1 (16oz) can red kidney beans-drained
1 (16oz) can of great northern beans- drained
6 oz (1/2 a box) Bowtie pasta

In a large pot, cook the sausage, onion and carrots together until sausage is browned and crumbles. Stir in the broth, tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to med/low and simmer for 20 min. Add the pasta: simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Serve with grated Parmesan.

This recipe is my "tweaked" version of a recipe my friend, Angela F., sent me. Thanks, Angela! We eat this soup almost every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback/comments