Sunday, December 19, 2010

DIY "Wrought Iron" Curtain Rods with Finials

My master bedroom makeover included new drapes. I needed curtain rods on which to hang them and decided to make my own. I found some pretty ones at Lowe's for $40 each. I needed three rods and decided $120 was not budget friendly. I bought PVC pipe (plumbing section at Lowe's/Home Depot, etc.), and spray painted it using Valspar's Oil Rubbed Bronze.


 The PVC pipe was $1.82 for 10 feet. Yep. That's right.


Lowe's also had these unfinished wooden finials. A pack of 2 cost less than $3. The brackets were $3 for a set of two.


Then, Hancock Fabric store had these fabulous clip rings in their bargain bin for 50 cents! They are regularly priced at $9 a package.






Lowe's total price would have been $120  vs. mine $17.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback/comments