Thursday, May 13, 2010

Plan B - Let's Make Snickerdoodle Cookies

Storms rolled through our city around 5 a.m. this morning knocking out power to several area schools. Sophie's Mommy's Day Out preschool is closed today, so, we went with Plan B - making snickerdoodle cookies!

I like using tried and true recipes from http://www.allrecipes.com/ because you can see ratings and reviews from people who have already tested out the recipes. This snickerdoodle recipe was their hightest ranking - 4.5 stars reviewed by over 2,500 people.

Sophie and I had a great time baking these together. She's such a sweetie pie and loves to help out in the kitchen.



Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles

Ingredients
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1/2 cup shortening
• 1 1/2 cups white sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

2. Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.

3. Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.

4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.

I already called my dad and told him we'd be bringing a few of these yummies over (that way Sophie and I won't eat them all!).

1 comment:

  1. Sounds Yummy.... About the duvet question...I actually bought the Anthro cream duvet cover and two shams... just like Sis's. I love the set, but I am afraid to use it. I know...wacky!! I have my duvet folded on a chair in our bedroom so kids can't get it dirty. :) I hope to "really" enjoy it....one day.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback/comments