Thursday, April 22, 2010

Public Speaking and Such

I do not like public speaking. But yesterday, I led an hour-long teacher training workshop and survived.

When my former elementary principal at the Christian school where I taught for five years asked me to lead a workshop for their teachers on Biblical Integration, I accepted. Blah! For three and a half months I obsessed over this workshop. Perhaps it's because I haven't spoken in front of a group of kids, let alone adults for three years now. Perhaps it was because the workshop was to be an hour long and I was leading it all by myself. I was very intimidated to say the least.



I did it though - through nerves and all. It was great to see many of my former coworkers and meet new teachers as well. I am passionate about integrating God's Word into all academic subject.



Time will tell, but I hope my workshop inspired and informed the teachers enough to see tangible results in their classrooms.



The principal already hinted at having me back in the fall for another session. This first session was nerve-wracking enough to last me a lifetime. Sometimes, when we're really passionate about something, we'll be willing to overcome all kinds of obstacles to see it through.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine doing an hour workshop all by myself. I would have gracefully declined. But you didn't. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback/comments