Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Crock Pot Cowboy Beans


Because of its convencience I use my crock pot about three times a week - especially in the summer when I don't want to turn on my oven. The members of my family like beans, tomato products, Mexican spices and herbs, potatoes, and ground beef. I've combined these items into my version of Crock Pot Cowboy Beans

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 small onion, diced
1 teaspoon processed garlic
1 can Rotel
1 small can chopped green chilis (fire roasted and peeled)
2 potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed (this is an optional ingredient. I had leftover potatoes from last night's meal)
1 can Dark Red Kidney Beans
1 can Pinto Beans
1 teaspoon Cumin
2 Tablespoon Dried Cilantro (I'd add fresh cilantro in at the end if I had it, but today I'll just use dry Cilantro)

Brown ground beef, onion, and garlic together in a pan. Drain and rinse off grease. Pour browned meat mixture into the bottom of crock pot. In a large bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Pour mixture over meat in crock pot ingredience. Cook on low about six hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback/comments