Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Broccoli-Chicken Cups


When I was a kid I hated broccoli. But, after devouring these delicious biscuit-based cups up like there was no tomorrow, my parents informed me that I had just eaten - and loved - broccoli. I was hooked and couldn't wait to eat them again and again. 

I'm making these tonight and will be interested to see if my girls like them. I know Judd and I will really enjoy them. They are great the next day. You can throw two in a container and heat them up in seconds in the microwave. This recipe makes 20 chicken-broccoli biscuit cups.

Broccoli-Chicken Biscuit Cups

Ingredients


• 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

• 1 cup crisp rice cereal

• 1-1/2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken

• 2 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits (Pillsbury now makes "Simply Buttermilk Biscuits" with 0 trans fat, no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors, no artificial colors).

• 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted

• 10 ounces or 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained

Directions

• Place biscuits in greased muffin cups, pressing dough onto the bottom and up the sides. Add 1 teaspoon cheese and cereal to each cup.

In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup and broccoli; spoon into each muffin cup. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback/comments