Monday, December 27, 2010

DIY Winter Ornament Wreath

The Christmas decorations are packed away and I'm ready for a new year. I decided to create a winter wreath that would look good for January and February. I wanted to make a blue and silver ornament wreath, and the after-Christmas sales were very kind to my budget. Walmart had their shatterproof ornaments 50% off. I purchased varying sizes and finishes in both blue and silver.






I opened a wire hanger and shaped it into a circle. To prevent the balls from popping off the wreath, I hot glued the caps on before stringing the ornaments onto the wire hanger. I alternated sizes and colors and packed the ornaments on tightly. Next, I took pliers and crimped the hanger back closed. Finally, I tied on a black ribbon for a Tiffany & Co. inspired look.




I had so many ornaments left over I was able to spruce up my mantel as well.






This was a simple and easy project. Total cost: $9.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback/comments